• The SEC led the nation’s conferences in NFL Draft picks for the 15th consecutive year in 2021 with 65 selections, which establishes a new SEC and national record. The previous record was 64, also held by the SEC.
• This marks the seventh straight year for the SEC to see 50 or more players taken in the NFL Draft. Only twice in the last 26 years has another conference other than the SEC seen 50 or more players drafted.
• All 14 SEC teams had selections in the 2021 NFL Draft. This is the fifth consecutive year the SEC has seen 25 or more players selected through the first three rounds of the NFL Draft.
• The SEC has averaged over 50 selections per draft since 2006.
• For the 10th time in the last 11 years, the SEC once again led the nation in First Round NFL Draft selections, as the league produced 12 opening-round draft picks, which tied for the second most in history.
• During the last 15 NFL Drafts, the SEC has a nation-leading 147 players taken in the opening round, an average of nearly 10 per season.
• The SEC had 10 of the first 20 selections of the 2021 NFL Draft.
• The SEC now has 123 First Round NFL Draft selections since 2010.
• Since 2010, the SEC has over double (123) the total amount of First Round selections than the next closest conference (ACC – 60).
• Six different SEC teams (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, South Carolina) had a player taken in the First Round of the 2021 NFL Draft.
• The SEC now has 46 Top-10 picks since 2009 and 52 since 2007.
• In the first 20 picks of the 2021 NFL Draft, the SEC had as many players taken as all other conferences combined.
• This is the fifth consecutive year the SEC has seen 25 or more players selected through the first three rounds of the NFL Draft.
• Since 2009, Top 10 NFL picks by league: SEC (46); ACC (20); Big 12 (20); Pac-12 (19); B1G (12), Notre Dame (4), MAC (3); AAC (2); BYU (2); Mountain West (1).
• Alabama led the SEC and nation with a SEC and school record six First Round selections in the 2021 NFL Draft. The six opening round picks also tied the all-time national record
•.Alabama led the SEC and tied for the national lead with 10 players drafted. This is the fifth consecutive season for nine or more players drafted from the Crimson Tide.
• Alabama has had a First Round selection in each of the past 13 NFL Drafts, the longest streak in SEC History and 2nd-longest in college football history, as well as the most First Round picks nationally since 2007 with 39.
• Total 2020 NFL Draft Picks:
(Selections Per School in Parenthesis)
SEC: 65 (4.6)
ACC: 51 (3.6)
Big Ten: 44 (3.1)
Pac-12: 28 (2.3)
Big 12: 22 (2.2)