Kerala, the land of spices, is known for it’s lip smacking coastal malabari cuisines, World famous onam sadya and many more delicious dishes. Nadan Tomato Curry is a flavourful, simple and delicious side dish from Kerala Cuisine. Fresh and juicy tomatoes are cooked along with green chillies in a coconut cumin paste. The tempering of coconut oil and mustard adds to the flavour of this dish. This dish can be made within ten minutes and can be served along with rice, appams or dosas. A must try!
Serve Nadan Tomato Curry along with Steamed Rice for light dinner or Mangalorean Neer Dosa for breakfast.
How to make Nadan Tomato Curry Recipe (Kerala Style Tomato Curry)
- To begin making the Nadan Tomato Curry recipe, heat a pan with oil and temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the green chillies, tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Let the tomatoes cook over low flame, till they become soft and mushy.
- While the tomatoes cook, grind the ingredients given under ‘ground mixture’ along with 1/2 cup water .
- Once the tomatoes are soft, add the ground mixture and cook over low flame for another 3 to 4 minutes and switch off.
- Serve Nadan Tomato Curry along with Steamed Rice for light dinner or Mangalorean Neer Dosa for breakfast.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Kerala recipes such as