Ajwain Puri Recipe is a very simple Indian bread which is made from wheat flour and flavoured with a pinch of turmeric and some toasted Ajwain seeds.
The bread is deep fried in peanut oil which gives it a crispy and puffed texture. Ajwain seeds have a very distinctive aroma which gives the bread a unique taste.
The Puris are traditionally consumed more by the Indian subcontinent which is eaten for breakfast or as a light meal. There are many variation in the southern and northern region as well.
If you are looking for more Indian Bread, here are some of our favourites:
- Prep in: 25 M
- Cooks in: 30 M
- Total in: 55 M
- Makes: 4 Servings
- 250 grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
- Sunflower Oil
How to make Ajwain Puri Recipe – Puri Flavoured With Carom Seeds
- To begin making Ajwain puri Recipe by mixing all the ingredients includinh whole wheat flour, carom seeds, turmeric powder, salt with enough water in a bowl.
- Add sufficient water and knead in order to get a consistency of a stiff dough. At the end add 2 tablespoon of oil to bind.
- Make equal small balls and roll them on to a board using a rolling pin.The thickness of the dough must not be too thin.
- Heat the oil in a Kadai with enough oil to fry the puris.
- After 5 to 10 minutes you can add a tiny bit of the dough into the oil to check if it is done. If the dough rises up quickly then it is done.
- Now gently and carefully slide the puris into the oil. Once it comes on top, with your ladel press the puri down so that it helps in puffing up. Then later turn the puri and cook on both the side till you get a golden brown colour.
- Once done, take out on a kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve your delicious puffed up Ajwain Puris with Amritsari Aloo or Palak Makhana and Boondi Raita to make it a complete meal.